How To Avoid ScamsBy
Unfortunately for every legitimate business there is always someone who is looking for a way to make a quick buck by taking advantage of the naïve. This is even true in the auto glass world.
Be wary of any person / representative that suggest any of the following to you:
- Replacing the entire window/windshield when you only have a small chip in the glass that could be easily repaired. The hazard of this action is should you replace the windshield instead of repairing it, this can be considered insurance fraud.
- They offer to give you cash in exchange for allowing them do complete your insurance glass job. If a company offers “money back” to you on a claim that is fully covered through your insurance, this work could be viewed as unethical or even insurance fraud as well.
- If someone is not willing to give you a written estimate before the work begins, this should be a red flag. You should always request a written estimate before a job begins even on a smaller item claim such as windshield repair.
- If someone request that you allow them to perform the job off the books.
- This should be considered a huge warning sign that you are working with an individual / company that is working outside the law or may not even be certified.
- That you have to utilize their service because they are the only authorized shop for your insurance company.
Auto Glass Las Vegas wants you to know that you always have a legal right to choose the provider of your service.
Your insurance company only has the right to suggest, not demand, that you use their “preferred shop”.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.